Thursday June 25th... just getting started....
Up at 5, after not getting in from WING NIGHT till 1am… smart one Heather
I got up, I got dressed, printed the resume, got the directions and away I go. I got on the train to PENN before 8am and made my way to KCSA.
Back-story now…
So I work at 8 Ball Billiards in Plattsburgh. My new friend Ben and I were talking the previous Friday night about my future and my potential (he thinks I have a bright future - go figure!) Any who, Ben tells me about his friend Garth who is also a fellow Plattsburgh Alum who currently works in Manhattan doing IR (investor relations) for a private companies in its 40th year KCSA. On my behalf he exchanges Garth’s email and mine and after a few back and forth’s this past week we set up a meeting time.
So getting into PENN was as always, a blur of people and sounds and smells… not all so nice as some of you might be familiar- hah. And to E 53rd I go. KCSA is a strategic communications firm, specializing in marketing; IR, PR and other business communication consulting related services. I ended up meeting a few members of the staff, all amazing, dedicated, creative and full-of-life professionals. (I wish I had heard about this firm sooner - they are definitely a company to be in the know about). After a few hours of sharing stories of life’s journeys, questions about prospective futures I headed back to PENN with an abundance of knowledge, admiration and appreciation for Garth and the staff of KCSA for taking time out of their busy morning to talk to me.
-Back-story on Jacob- We met New Years Eve in Time Square watching the ball drop with my friend Kelly. Jacob from Tennessee was up for the ball and headed back to TN straight after. To my surprise he tells me he’s moved to NYC 3 weeks earlier and is filming a movie. And I should be an extra in it? SURE! I Say! Oh but I’m heading back to Plattsburgh Friday morning… darn! We had time for a quick photo and then I made my way into Penn for the ride home before an even more action packed evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment